Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Hedegoba88 - all messages by user

6/17/2013 2:54:57 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I am trying not to be Mr. Negative, but I don't see LSU getting by UNC. Cody Glenn is starting and he hasn't pitched against live competition in 3 weeks. That combined with UNC's mental toughness they have shown throughout this postseason facing elimination, LSU goes down.
6/17/2013 2:57:28 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Louisville (6/17 - 12pm)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Just turned it on on my work computer. Is that Karl Ravech in the booth with Kyle Peterson?
6/17/2013 4:38:03 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
SHHHHHHHHH!!! If you acknowledge it it doesn't work.
6/18/2013 2:31:34 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Not the best way to start
6/18/2013 3:29:01 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Just doesn't look like its in the cards for the Tigers. They are just going through the motions it looks like. 3-0 UNC Top 5.
6/18/2013 4:46:39 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Time for a rally!!!!!! lead off walk in the 8th, Tigers gotta get something going.
6/18/2013 5:01:59 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
ICEEEEEEE COLD!!!!!!!!!
6/18/2013 9:29:12 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Just an unbelievable face plant by this team. Bats went ice cold, and somebody did something to anger the baseball gods. Nobody could have imagined Bregman and Rhymes go o'fer the CWS. Ibarra couldn't buy a basehit to save his life. When we finally did hit the ball hard it was always right at someone. Katz and Laird are the only ones who came to play this weekend. Pitching was fantastic as usual, but sad that the second best pitcher Ryan Eades never got to pitch at the CWS. Now I know how Arkansas fans feel, one of the best staffs in the country but no offense to support them.

Yes it was a record breaking year for this team, but the only thing they will ever be known for is the worst performing LSU team in Omaha in school history. I think the bright lights and big stage got to them.
6/18/2013 10:56:37 PM
Topic:
LSU v. UNC

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:
Yes it was a record breaking year for this team, but the only thing they will ever be known for is the worst performing LSU team in Omaha in school history. I think the bright lights and big stage got to them.

Was this LSU's only 0-2 year? Heck, the Beavers started their Omaha record 0-5.

No, I believe this is the 4th time they have gone 0-2. I just meant worst performing b/c they only scored 3 runs in two games. May be over exaggerating but pain from the loss is still fresh.
6/26/2013 8:35:42 AM
Topic:
How many days until the 2014 season starts

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Wow, 22 seconds. Don't you think you are giving him a little too much credit?
6/26/2013 8:40:07 AM
Topic:
The rest of the CWS

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
And then the following year LSU begins their own threepeat.
6/27/2013 9:35:00 AM
Topic:
How many days until the 2014 season starts

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Just think of "There's Something About Mary"
edited by Hedegoba88 on 6/27/2013
6/28/2013 11:23:57 AM
Topic:
Polls

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
When does conference play generally start, before or after the 30 days? I'm blanking on how it usually works.
7/1/2013 10:12:48 AM
Topic:
2013 CBB Attendance Figures

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
OpihiMan wrote:
It's also worth knowing the quantity of home games played, for example, Oregon State played 11 less home games than LSU...

Yea, LSU did have a lot more home games than everyone else. But they are still way ahead of everyone if you reduce the home games played and multiple it with the average.

I couldn't find the official NCAA attendance yet for this year but this Link is from the LSU website: http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=208527960

I think it is also worth noting that these figures are paid attendance, which I think is what everybody reports. LSU doesn't have 11,006 fans at every game, although the average actual attendance is probably higher than everyone else as well. LSU does record actual attendance for every home game but I can't find the average actual per game on their website. I will try to find it, but I don't have the patience to go and look at each box score for all 43 home games.
1/15/2014 2:18:04 PM
Topic:
Stitchhead's 100 reasons...

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Dodger Matt wrote:
Couple things.....

I didn't want to race over here to be the first to post something in the new year, so I waited for for nearly two weeks. Time's up.

I would ordinarily feel a little uneasiness about posting a link to another baseball site, but heck, nobody ever cleans up the Nike basketball shoes crap in the offseason around here, so anything remotely baseball-related has to be a bonus for the few patron who frequent the forum.

It's basically just a list of why our sport is the best, and few here would complain/argue, but Eric Sorensons has opened the 2014 season with his...
100 Reasons Why College Baseball is Better Than College FootballMy favorite is #31.

I'm gonna have to go with #45. I'd buy Pepperdine season tickets tomorrow if this happens.
2/26/2014 9:00:58 AM
Topic:
Tuesday upsets

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Damn rain, and it was 4-1 not 5-1. FYI
3/19/2014 9:29:02 AM
Topic:
Not much baseball chatter

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Hoping the LSU pitching staff will stop shrinking. And hopefully the bullpen steps up and proves they can pitch against SEC competition.
4/9/2014 12:09:11 PM
Topic:
LSU/UCLA batting helmets tonight.

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Tonight LSU faces Lamar in their Prostate Cancer Awareness Game. They will be wearing these batting helmets.

Thought you PAC 12 guys would find interesting since it is similar to UCLA.

From LSU Twitter:

LSU BSB Equipment @LSUBaseballEQ[font=arial] [/font]
[font=arial]Here is a special look at the helmets and wristbands we will wear for tomorrows Prostate Cancer Awareness Game [/font]
4/10/2014 3:20:42 PM
Topic:
LSU/UCLA batting helmets tonight.

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I was always a proponent of Brown as the color for Prostate Cancer awareness.
5/15/2014 4:16:53 PM
Topic:
Any live college baseball message boards?

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
MiamiBaseball wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
Last year this board was pretty lively. This year? Not very much so. There is College baseball talk, which is a new chat board, but it there's very little talk on that. It must be a real down year for baseball chat boards. About 99.9% of the posters on here are Pac-12 fans, so I guess non Pac fans don't have much to contribute. Last year we had a dozen or so SEC fans, but not this year.

SEC fans don't care to post in the weekly Pac-12 prediction threads, and you guys don't talk about anything other than the Pac-12, so there's little reason for those people to come back. I enjoy DodgerMatt's comedy routine, and occasionally a guy like cox3 will show up and actually discuss the national scene. Other than that, zero reason to come here. If you don't think fans from the south have anything to contribute, try their own team message boards. Their boards compared to yours is about the same as their crowds compared to yours.

I have to agree with Miami on this subject. I still come to this site almost daily and read Kendalls' articles and always check the clubhouse to see if there are any good discussions going on. Majority of the talk on here is strictly Pac12 and 90% of that is Oregon State, topics which I don't feel I could really contribute too (unless I wanted to throw in a dirty beaver joke). I'm not saying its a bad thing, with the amount of Pac12 posters obviously ya'll are going to talk about the Beavers and Pac12.

If there were more SEC posters and LSU posters then I'm sure I'd be much more active on the chat board. Hell, the only topic I started this year was about the LSU prostate helmet and its similar look to UCLA. And the only reason I did that was b/c I figured the PAC posters might find it interesting.

I think it all boils down to getting more users on the site. This time last year it was a little more active b/c we had posters from other regions chiming in, but it seems many of them have left. I forget the username but this time last year another LSU poster came in and was quite active. After LSU was eliminated from the World Series I don't think I have seen him since. Thats just one example, but getting users to stick around seems to be the problem.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Who wants to talk LSU?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11